The Style Strategy by Nina Garcia Book Review





I've never been the type to be a book worm but I must admit, I love reading books pertaining to fashion.  About a couple weeks ago, I was in my local library, headed straight to the area where the fashion and beauty books were and stumbled upon a book written by Nina Garcia, The Style Strategy.  I've always been a fan of Nina Garcia ever since watching one of my favorite shows, Project Runway, which I hope to be on one day.  To me, Nina Garcia is a Fashion Icon, so I decided that I would take this book home with me and read it.


As I started to read the book I instantly fell in love with it. I felt as though Nina was talking directly to me, like there was a connection.  In the book, she talks about building your wardrobe; getting rid of things you don't need, figuring out things that are missing from your wardrobe, and also making investments in items and knowing the difference between cheap, inexpensive and bargain.

What really stood out to me was when she mentioned making a list before you go shopping because in that way you'll know what to shop for and most importantly, it is smart shopping in terms of not breaking the bank and setting a budget.

Before I read this book I always felt as though I never had anything in my wardrobe to wear. Even though I had tons of clothing pieces and I would always say to myself "a girl just can't have enough clothing and that's fine". I would always make that excuse to buy more clothes and I would still feel the very same way. That was until I read where Nina mentioned that you can't have a strong wardrobe foundation without having the basic pieces.  And there was my answer. I barely had the basics that I needed.  Basic pieces are practical clothing items that can match with almost anything you have in your wardrobe (white tee, mini skirt, etc).

I must say after reading this book I've changed a lot and I look at things differently now.  I was the type to pick up clothing items without thinking carefully and asking questions such as 'Do I really need this item?' or 'Do I have anything in my wardrobe to wear with this item?' and at the end, the items would just stay in my closet without me even getting the chance to wear them and even though I had all these clothing items in my closet I still felt as though I had nothing to wear.  This book taught me everything about smart shopping and how to successfully build my wardrobe.

I would re-read and recommend this book to anyone looking to wardrobe shop more efficiently. 

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed <3 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment